Thursday, March 3, 2011

What makes you want to dance?

I stopped by DCDC last week because I didn't get a chance to go to Words, Beats, and Life .  It was so much fun because there were these two 9 year olds in the class and the stuff kids say is just so ridiculous (in a good way).  One of the older students was talking about how she felt her top rock was too mechanical and she couldn't move naturally.  Geoff asked an interesting question to help her solve her problem.  What's a song that makes you want to dance?

Everyone has a song that makes them want to dance (granted not everyone acts on those urges, but the feeling is there, admit it). 

A few songs that make me want to dance:

The classic, "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins (must see here)
The atypical, "Hollywood" by Michael Buble (see here)
A solid break beat, "Rock" by DJ Spinna (did you really think I wouldn't post one
A semi main stream hip hop song, "Our Generation" by John Legend x The Roots (see here)
And to finish things off, "Train in Vain" by the Clash (see here)

1 comment: